Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dedication

Almost two months ago we had Butterbean dedicated. Our church holds dedications on Mother's Day each year so I have now been blessed twice with being able to give the gifts given to me back to Him on a day that honors what they have made me. As I go back through the pictures on our camera I realize that there are no pictures of Butterbean being dedicated or our family on Mother's day. Luckily our wonderful babysitter gave us a picture from the dedication.

We were charged with finding a life verse for Butterbean, a verse for her to grow and find strength and comfort in. Wow, what a task! It took a while to narrow the list down after finding so many wonderful verses. Chris and I kept coming back to Joshua 1:9:



'Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be
afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever
you go.'

Our hope is that this verse will help to guide her in her growth and encourage her throughout her life.

No comments: