Monday, February 1, 2010

11 1/2 Inches

Let me preface this by stating that I have lived my entire life in the South. Because of this I am often excited by the thought of snow but since we rarely get any actual snow I have no idea what to do with it. Over the past year (February 2009 to now) it has snowed 4 times. Only one of those was less than a inch. That brings me to the title of this post - 11 1/2 inches - that's how much snow we got over the weekend. Plus they are calling for more "winter weather" on Tuesday and Friday nights. Let me go check the map and make sure that I didn't move with out knowing it. I'm not very up to date with the global warming debate but I don't think snow and freezing temperatures in the south would go along with that thought. I could be wrong though.
After frantically trying to find something for Madelynn to wear in the snow and not finding any pants we put her in a pair of 2T snow pants. A year to big but they did the job. She didn't get to play much since the snow was almost to her waist but I think she liked it until she started getting cold.
Chase enjoyed the snow most of all so we know that him and Madelynn will be having lots of fun next year.
We get to go outside in the SNOW!!!!!!!
Here we go!
Daddy? Where are you going? I'm not sure you're supposed to be down there!
Look it's almost as tall as me.

I think I'm starting to get cold. Can we go in now?

No comments: