Thursday, August 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie

I'm a week late with this post. Last Friday I was made aware of a fellow bloggers personal tragedy through this post. This woman lost her husband and requested that the blogging community make peanut butter pies as a memorial to her husband and to remind us to love on those closest to us.

After reading her post, there was no way I was going to not make a pie (even if it was a little late). In the spirit of loving on people I unselfishly let Ladybug help me make this, despite the mess. She had a blast and because we made it before bed she kept asking while we were reading if the pie was ready yet. She even woke up the next morning asking for pie.

The pictures are horrible but the pie was great.



Peanut Butter Pie


1 graham cracker crust (I would normally make this but I was short on time)

2 cups heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup sugar

2 cups peanut butter (creamy)

1 cup powdered sugar

3 oz semi sweet chocolate

1 cup heavy cream


Whip cream and sugar together, set aside. Cream peanut butter and powdered sugar, then fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust and chill 1 hour.


Heat 1 cup cream to steaming then stir in chocolate until melted. Let cool then pour over pie. Refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!




No comments: