Thursday, September 24, 2009

Apple Picking

We went apple picking with a group of friends this past weekend and enjoyed seeing everyone as well as the beautiful weather. We could not have asked for a more perfect day to be outside in the mountains.

Madelynn did not really "pick" apples
but she really enjoyed eating them!

Chris and I had fun too (he did all the picking for us). I’m hoping this will become a fall family tradition.

As for what to do with the 30 pounds of apples we brought home? I have already made an apple pie that tastes alright but is about as ugly as a pie can get. If you have any suggestions for a recipe I would appreciate it since I can’t seem to make a apple pie to save my life. We have been eating apples for snack and I’m planning on making and canning applesauce in the next week or so. I’ll let you know how it goes.

What are some of your favorite fall traditions?

No comments: