Friday, November 11, 2011

Recipe Friday - Baked Potato Soup

I found this recipe stashed in my monstrous recipe stack, I don't know where it came from so if it's yours let me know - I'm not trying to take credit for it!

I had some potatoes that needed to be used and it was cold, plus I thought the girls might actually eat it so onto the menu it went.

Pictures to come!



Baked Potato Soup




3 lbs potatoes


2/3 cup flour


6 cups milk


1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


1 tsp salt


1/2 tsp pepper


1 cup sour cream


Crumbled bacon




Wash and dry potatoes, wrap in foil and place in slow cooker. Cook on low 10 hours or bake in oven at 400 for 1 hour.


Mash potatoes and set aside.


Heat flour in large stock pot over medium heat. Whisk in milk slowly, continue stirring until milk thickens, about 10 minutes.


Stir in potatoes, cheese, salt and pepper. Using an immersion blender blend until desired consistency.


Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.


Serve topped with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.




Both the girls loved this and so did I. I am going to attempt to freeze some of the leftovers to see if this can go on the freezer list, if not it only took me 20 minutes to pull together (letting the potatoes bake in the crock pot while at work) and get on the table. Served with a salad (for me) and fresh fruit (for the girls) it made a perfect quick dinner.

No comments: