Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend May 23-24, 2009

Wow we had a lot packed into a little weekend! We all went to visit Maamaa and Papa at Lake Gaston. (Yes, Chase went to) I had the privilege of riding in the backseat of the truck with Ladybug on the trip down. Why, you ask, well Chase got the front seat! Chris decided that he would let me drive on the way home, I don’t think he liked the comment from the man at the car wash – “dog in the front, wife in the back, that’s what I’m talkin’ ‘bout.”

Ladybug got to go on her first boat ride, we were worried that she would really fight the lifejacket but she seemed to not mind it. Just fell right asleep. We now know a quick way to get in nap time! She also had her first ice cream cone from Ebony General (a Wade family tradition). Once she figured out that she could eat it, look out! She also had her first taste of homemade ice cream, Papa’s favorite. So much for only healthy foods, I guess everything in moderation will have to be our motto!








Chris and I were also spoiled while we were there. Maamaa and Papa were more than happy to watch Ladybug sleep while we went and played golf (my first time!) and took a nap ourselves! Who knew sleep could be so wonderful?

No comments: